Subject: Re: folder navigation questions

Re: folder navigation questions

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: 2005-11-11

Jens Arnold wrote:
> That means you can't skip forward directly followed by
> fast-forwarding within the next track anymore, because it would
> trigger folder skip?

You'd have to be pretty fast to skip to the next track, find out that
you want to fast forward and attempt to do it, all within 1 second. I
tried, and I couldn't trigger the next-dir skip by mistake. Maybe I'm
just old and slow... :-)

> While I agree that folder skip might be useful for some people
> (not for me), imho this short-long click combo is another
> example for unintuitiveness: Here a combination of two standard
> operations (short click == skip, hold button == seek) triggers
> something completely different (folder skip).

Well, there are no intuitive combinations left, are there? Is *any*
combination of keys intuitive?

We had a good long (private, unfortunately) discussion about which key
combo to use instead of this "double-click" combo, but we couldn't
figure out a nice one-handed way of doing it, at least not without
changing major parts of the rest of the UI.

Therefore I told Anton to commit it and let people try it.

Linus