Subject: RE: folder navigation questions

RE: folder navigation questions

From: Anton Oleynikov <len0x_at_mail.ru>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:31:26 -0000

> If you are playing the last song in a directory and you press
> RIGHT, won't
> that move to the first song then if you have repeat on? Then
> the second long
> press on RIGHT matches "if its not first/last track" and it
> won't move to the
> next one. What am I missing in that logic?

Actually I use very elegant way of dealing with this problem.
I don't really check if its first/last track, but rather use the fact that
playlist_next can skip directories too. So if its doing that I just
ignore the request for proper forder skip, otherwise do it. This
ensures that directory is always skipped, but only just once.
(consequent folder skip is not affected though).

> Also, I don't see why we need two key combos to trigger
> this feature. It seems like a waste to me.

Well, if you saw the forum thread then you would now that
there are always good arguments why is some cases a
particular method is preferred, so let all users use it for the time
being...

Anton.