Subject: RE: WPS BMP loadig change coming up

RE: WPS BMP loadig change coming up

From: Tony Lenox <len0x_at_mail.ru>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 10:39:39 -0000

> I'm not sure it helps much either since when people upgrade
> they very often
> wipe their .rockbox dir and thus they'd wipe their
> "default.wps" file too...

yes, but the idea is to have default one in the official build...

> I'd rather see us take the plunge to use a .cfg file
> correctly for settings as
> they will be MUCH more resistant to upgrades than the config
> sector we use
> today and that is a more complete take on problems like this.

Actually I was thinking a little bit more about this. CFG files are
indeed more suitable for packaging WPS because its not only WPS
file name that we need but also font name and may be status
bar setting (as well as this would solve RWPS problem). So the idea
is to call this CFG file a "theme" and store it in a special
dir (may be in WPS folder) so that user can quickly load it.
There can be a default.theme file that gets loaded on first run or
when settings are reset.

Anton.