Subject: Re: Crossfeed volume?

Re: Crossfeed volume?

From: Thom Johansen <thomj_at_pvv.ntnu.no>
Date: 2005-11-15

Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Should the crossfeed really lower the volume that much? I need to
> increased the volume by 10 steps to get back to the "non-crossfeeded"
> volume...
>
> Magnus

Should, no. Does, yes. The highpass filter used in the current incarnation
of crossfeed is a one-pole no-zero type, which lowers the volume with
increasing cutoff frequency. This can be fixed by designing a better filter,
for example a one-pole one-zero filter in either highpass or shelving
configuration.
There's also a possibility my Coldfire optimised version has some bugs in
it, but I think it's right.

Thom