Subject: Guidelines for submitting WPS patches

Guidelines for submitting WPS patches

From: Christi Alice Scarborough <christi_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: 2005-11-16

Been poking through the various WPS patches that have been submitted,
and I can see we're going to have quality control problems here. I'd
like to propose the following guidelines for WPSes submitted for
inclusion into Rockbox:

WPSes submitted for inclusion in Rockbox must be:

1) Submitted by (or with the permission of) the original author
2) Licensed under the GPL
3) Contain only images that are the intellectual property of the
submitter or of the Rockbox project.
4) Tags for the track title, album and artist should be encoded in such
a way that they fall back to the file name (%fn), the name of the
directory immediately above (%d1), and the directory immediately above
that (%d2) respectively i.e.

%?it<%it|%fn>
%?id<%id|%d1>
%?ia<%ia|%d2>

or variants.

5) Must include the following information in the text submitted with
your patch (NOT just inside the ZIP file):

# Name of the WPS (_including_ .wps extension)
Name:
# Real name of the creator of the WPS