Subject: Re: Xing headers

Re: Xing headers

From: Bluechip <csbluechip_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-11-22

> > Another question which I have yet to locate an answer for. The
> > "file length in bytes" entry in the Xing header ...is that the
> > total of all Audio Frames, or the literal Size Of The .MP3
> > File ...I can theorise it both ways in my head, but as I hope
> > to put some "VbrFix" code in the fixing util, it seems
> > sensible to be right first time if possible.
>
>The standard is vague, but all non-rockbox files I checked show
>me that it is the length *including* the Xing header but
>*excluding* any id3v1 and id3v2 tags.

Found this in my hunt for something else:
http://empegbbs.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/269471/Main/261005/
"lame-3.96.1 here.
And the Xing headers it produces do NOT include the Xing header frame in
either the framecount or bytecount fields of the Xing header."

no reply required, just new info. :)

BC