Subject: Odd button behaviour (continued)

Odd button behaviour (continued)

From: Ronald Teune <rtwolf_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 15:30:57 +0100

Hi,

It seems that no other user has this problem, or they just don't use the
daily builds or read the list. I did some additional testing.
* it seems that the button behaviour is quite right, just after the unit
is turned on. If the unit's been on for about an hour, maybe two (when
it's "warmed up"), the problems as described start: after a short or long
keypress on the left/right/up/down/on button, an "off" event is somehow
generated. When constantly pressing other buttons (scroll through lists,
etc), the off event doesn't seem to come through. When turning the unit
off at that point, and then turning it on again, it triggers an off event
just after resuming, so music stops again. The only "solution" to keep the
music playing is to press F2 or F3 after resuming the music, because these
are the only places that don't exit at the off button.
* at a point like this, I loaded the 2.5 firmware: problems were gone.
Turning off and on, thus loading the newer firmware again, made the
problems return. So... was it perhaps because it was flashed? No; I then
flashed the 2.5 firmware, and still no problem. All the time I made sure
the same config file was being used, so no different settings (perhaps
apart from some new features). Now I'm using a flashed 2.5 for some time,
without problems.
* I searched through the commits-since-2.5 for "button", but couldn't find
anything pointing into this direction.
Am I really the only one with such an odd unit?

Ronald