Subject: Re: Simplified and uniform volume handling - asking for opinions

Re: Simplified and uniform volume handling - asking for opinions

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2005-12-06

> Now I am asking for opinions/ suggestions on this. I would
> really like to commit this...

I like it, and don't think dB is too technical for end users. Even my car
stereo displays in dB when I turn the knob.

I think it's enough to go down to -99dB, to avoid a 3 digit display.

The side effect free changing gets my vote, too. If we get complaints about
clipping, perhaps we can calculate if the current setting could clip, and
mark that condition.

Jörg

--
Highspeed-Freiheit. Bei GMX supergünstig, z.B. GMX DSL_Cityflat,
DSL-Flatrate für nur 4,99 Euro/Monat*  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl