Subject: RE: Simplified and uniform volume handling - asking for opinions

RE: Simplified and uniform volume handling - asking for opinions

From: Anton Oleynikov <len0x_at_mail.ru>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 11:11:57 -0000

The whole point of my patch was that user finally have intelligent
bass/volume control that allow him to compare sound directly
to original iRiver's firmware (meaning user doesn't have to manually reduce
bass to avoid clipping - this behaviour sounds the most
reasonable if you have to go for just one default option). I agree that some
options like "adjust current" may be not ideal, but I
wasn't the one who suggested them...

> > The whole point of me doing first patch was that second
> option. It was
> > extensively discussed in the forum and now that seem to be
> eliminated,
> > right?
> In the forum perhaps, but not a lot here.

Jens didn't reply to my original patch email here, did he?

> And no matter what, it is always considered fine to improve
> whatever we did before.

Improve - yes, but completely remove what I've just done
after not even speak up when asked - its another thing :)

Anton.