Subject: Re: Odd button behaviour (new info)

Re: Odd button behaviour (new info)

From: Ronald Teune <rtwolf_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 20:58:54 +0100

Well, I'll just keep replying to myself, getting closer to the issue...

First, I'll start with earlier misassumptions:
* CBR/VBR has got nothing to do with it
* "on time" has not directly got anything to do with it, but battery state
does.

A few days ago, I flashed back to rombox-20051127. The problems were gone.
Until I turned on the unit yesterday: it almost immediately stopped
playing again - my battery was down to about 10%. I tried ROLO'ing into
ajbrec.ajz: no problems at all.
Then I tried flashing rockbox.ucl, rebooting, and (of course - it still
runs out of ram) no problems.
Flashing rombox, rebooting, it immediately turned off. Then I turned it on
again, and with a quick press on F2 prevented it from turning off again.
Another press on F2 returned me to the WPS. 2 presses on the "on" key got
me to the tree view, then back to the wps again, and after that it showed
"Press OFF to shut down" => the off key was triggered 2 times!
Then flashing rockbox.ucl again: problems were gone.

October (I forgot what I ran before) there have been changes in rockbox,
causing my unit to behave oddly, triggering the OFF button after another
button, about 90% of the times. But only when ran directly out of flash,
and only at low battery. Perhaps some timing issues?

And now just hope this additional info is meaningful to someone...

Kind regards,
a somewhat less puzzled Ronald...