Subject: Re: Odd button behaviour (new info)

Re: Odd button behaviour (new info)

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: 2005-12-07

On 07.12.2005, Jerry Van Baren wrote:

> The buttons are read by an A/D converter and are encoded by
> using different voltage levels (different resistances
> connected to the buttons). What you are probably running into
> is that you are at one end of the "acceptable" range so, when
> your batteries are low, the button decoder logic decodes a
> button as the wrong one.

> My suggestion is to check for changes to the button voltage
> conversion levels in button.c:
> <http://www.rockbox.org/viewcvs.cgi/firmware/drivers/button.c?rev=1.101&view=log>

The OFF button is one of the two buttons that are not connected
to the ADC, but to a port pin, that's the puzzling part.

Btw, I also observed this behaviour with my recorder V1 (only!),
but have no idea so far what might cause this... It's the exact
same thing, spurious OFF events at low bat. I'm always running
rombox.

Regards, Jens