Subject: Re: Simplified and uniform volume handling - asking for opinions

Re: Simplified and uniform volume handling - asking for opinions

From: Simon M. <simon.me_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-12-13

Thank you very much für your reply.

> Not really a direct answer to this, but this is how I do it: I have two
> config files in .rockbox/Themes, select Browse Themes, one for line level
> with flat treble+bass and the other one for headphone level, with some
> added treble+bass. I think this does what you're looking for, almost as
> convenient.

This seems like a good idea. Now I only have to figure out how to make
such a "theme" working. I tried it for my custom wps and rwps but
rockbox doesn't load it (the codes I used seem to be exactly like one
of the official themes, except for filenames)

I still think it would be a good idea to include clipping prevention
though, because it is possible that same people will say "rockbox
sounds worse then iriver-FW, it clips all the time"

Option bloat is much bigger in other cases (bookmarks, a non-working
stereo width setting...) so that one more option (regarding sound
quality!) should be ok.