Subject: MPeye HTS-150

MPeye HTS-150

From: Tim Schmidt <>
Date: 2005-12-13

Hey guys, I've put up a page documenting the insides of the MPeye /
Touchstone Technology HTS-150 (HTS-100 v2.2) MP3 / WMA / OGG player at

It appears to be similar to the iRiver H3xx units while only a
fraction of the price (I got mine used for $45 on ebay).

It has some excellent features like a built-in FM tuner, a line in and
a mic to record from, USB2, a rechargable li-ion battery, it charges
from the USB port, and easy firmware upgrades (basically you copy the
firmware file to a specific directory on the hard disk and re-boot the

It's cheap and featurefull, and begging to run rockbox. If anyone's
interested in porting it to this player I'll assist in any way
possible -- again, I've already put up quite a few photos on the wiki
page (I have more and at higher resolution), I'm willing to test any
sort of software, and I've compiled my fair share of kernels,
userspace software, etc.