Subject: Re: MPeye HTS-150

Re: MPeye HTS-150

From: Tomas <>
Date: 2005-12-13

Tim Schmidt wrote:

>I take it that means something like this:
> won't work... Hmmm... I'm
>willing to spend a week researching how to build a cheap(er) cable but
>not really willing to spend $150 to get rockbox running on my $45
>player... I'd just buy a $150 player that already supported rockbox.
Hm... have you cantacted the manufacturer? Maybe they like to get the
thing to the EU... and maybe they can help with rockbox (it would make
the thing sell way better.)

As said, Linus knows :-)

>As far as other users of this player go, I doubt there are that many.
>It seems to only have been sold widely in Korea and the UK. MPeye
>(the OEM) doesn't even have an english language website
I would love to have a new player, and I can't afford (and find) a H3xx
If this is a small manufacturer then the thing I mentioned above might
work... ask them to help, and to get it on the EU market.

>At any rate, I've got enough to start working on it. I'll at least
>take a good long look at the firmware upgrade and see what I can find
>about BDM.
Decoding the old firmware is a good start.