Subject: Re: MPeye HTS-150

Re: MPeye HTS-150

From: Tomas <tomas_at_salfischberger.nl>
Date: 2005-12-13

Hi,

>I'll also contact MPeye (and hope that someone
>there speaks english or can decipher computer-translated korean) and
>see if they're willing to cooperate.

I can do that for you... I don't have the device myself... but I would
love to help with this port.
We can suggest them to start selling it in Europe with rockbox as an
option, that might make it sell way better.

>If they are, what should I ask them for? The procedure for making a
>new firmware image and bootloader information are two big items,
>anything else?

Hardware info (they might know more than we can see).
The firmware code would be nice, but we don't need it... It's just handy
to take a look at it some times.

And if they do want to sell it claiming a "rockbox player" then I guess
they'll have to do support for it too.. but that's far far away from now.

Tomas