Subject: Bug report on iriver H140

Bug report on iriver H140

From: Mike <>
Date: 2005-12-14

Hi all,

I'm not sure this is technically a bug, more probably the inability to handle a
screwed up mp3 file. I'm using CVS-051213 on an iriver H140 (with the US 1.66
iriver firmware).

The podcasts from NPR have a 4 second tune affixed to the front of the podcast.
These podcasts are seen by rockbox as a 4 second recording, even though they are
multiple minutes long. When played using the iriver firmware, they play
normally. rockbox only plays the first 4 seconds of the podcast. I can't hold
down the FF button to scan past the 4 second mark (it will just wait until I let
go and then start the next track), and I can't hold down the REW button from the
next podcast to seek back into the end of the mp3 (it stays at 0:00 of the
current track).

The file is currently at
(at least now). You can use the podcast feed at
and download the latest mp3 if the above mp3 file is not accessible.

Missing only the ability to do a 30 second skip using left and right instead of
moving to the previous/next track, and the loss of sound when fast
forwarding/rewinding, I'm loving rockbox. The bookmarking really improves my
player. Thanks for all your work!