Subject: Re: MPeye HTS-150

Re: MPeye HTS-150

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: 2005-12-14

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Tim Schmidt wrote:

> Based on the descriptions of the player's function that I've found on-line,
> while playing, it supposedly spins up the disk, copies several megabytes of
> data to it's ram as a buffer, and then spins down the disk. In other words,
> the ram is there as a buffer and not much else.

Well, that's a description that fits most (all?) disk-based music players. The
question is only how much of the ram that is used for buffer and what else
there is in there. I would say that the addresses used in the firmware
indicates that there's code in at least parts of the ram.

I would assume that executing in ram is faster than from flash. Of course the
CF5249 also has 96KB internal ram.

  Daniel Stenberg -- --