Subject: Re: A-B Repeat for SWCODEC platforms

Re: A-B Repeat for SWCODEC platforms

From: Ray Lambert <>
Date: 2006-01-07

Brandon Low wrote:

>Hey, I've just gotten AB repeat to work on the iRiver H340 platform
>(really not much to it, I was able to use the existing code with minor
>The existing AB repeat mode is enabled by a repeat mode option. This
>seems tedius and unnecessary on platforms like iRiver that have a
>dedicated A-B button.
>I would prefer to handle AB repeat as a single button function where:
>click one sets A, click two sets B and click 3 clears. I have this
>working fine at this time, would just have to change some ifdefs
>surrounding the repeat mode AB option. (Alternatively, this could be
>compile time configurable)
>Thoughts on this?
Brandon, I certainly don't mind if you make A/B work differently for the iRiver, however I would point out one thing: you have slightly less functionality that way. I designed it the way it is so you can change either mark at any time (during playback). I find that capability to be quite useful when I'm using this feature (mainly to learn guitar parts on songs). For example, sometimes you find that you set the A mark too late (i.e. didn't give yourself enough lead time into the part you're learning) and you need to move it back slightly. So now you can do a FREW past the A mark and then drop a new A mark, without having to re-set the B mark. It's just very convenient. With the single button method you would have to re-set both marks.

So perhaps you might want to consider a solution that enables both methods simultaneously so you can have the best of both worlds? Anyway, just a suggestion...