Subject: I think i have tracked down my Rockbox crashing bug...

I think i have tracked down my Rockbox crashing bug...

From: George Styles <ripnetuk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:21:32 +0000

i believe its related to the fact that Rockbox doesnt check a file
exists in a playlist before trying to play it.
If you generate a playlist of the form
./folder/song.mp3
./folder2/song2.mp3

it crashes on the 'loading' screen every time.

If you change it to

/music/folder/song.mp3
/music/folder2/song.mp3
form
it works.

I understand that the first format is invalid (caused by a 'find'
accident, fixed by sed), but its ungraceful.

I think Rockbox should check a file exists before trying to play it,
and display an error if not, rather than crashing.

The reason this is interesting to me is because I have been getting
lots of crashes even with a valid playlist (while the loading message
is displayed). I believe this is because I delete a lot of tracks
after listening to them (podcasts). I reckon Rockbox is trying to play
the now-dead song, and causing it to crash via the same mechanism as
described above. It certainly continues to play the track after ive
deleted it.

Am i on the right track (so to speak!) ???