Subject: Re: My vote for BMP cache removal

Re: My vote for BMP cache removal

From: Christi Alice Scarborough <christi_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: 2006-01-31

Thom Johansen wrote:

> I think it should be taken out as soon as possible. It's flawed in the
> sense that it can't possibly detect whether the cache is invalid
> without destroying the entire purpose of the cache in the first
> place. We've already had a user coming in asking questions
> about why his WPS wasn't updating when it should, and more
> will come.

It certainly is confusing.

While wee on the subject, the image tag method currently used is deeply
unsatisfactory, since it arbitrarily limits the number of images. I'm
vaguely in favour of moving to a top left/bottom right co-ordinate based
syntax for specifying which part of the image to display once we have
single image. Thoughts?

Christi