Subject: Re: Status of some ports to new targets

Re: Status of some ports to new targets

From: Søren A.Møller <>
Date: 2006-02-05

> Hi
> I thought I'd just sum up my perception of a few current projects aiming
> produce Rockbox ports. If you have one of these players, join up and get
> things going. We need skilled and interested people in every camp!
<Snipped list of players I don't own any of>
> Archos Gmini
> No one ever took up the work where 'jyp' left it. This port is fading
> away...
> This player has a very different architecture (CalmRISC CPU etc).

I have a Gmini 220, and would like to get the port working, but I haven't
had much time lately.

I guess I am skilled enough to do it; back in '98 I designed a HD-MP3
player based on a ColdFire 5206e and a MAS3507 :-) But I probably need
some help with the DSP and the codecs. And of course some time.

Søren A.M.