Subject: Re: Diffing to current cvs (was Re: Lyrics)

Re: Diffing to current cvs (was Re: Lyrics)

From: David Bleakley <cool2bdave_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 23:19:30 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks for your reply,

  I was using a bleeding edge source tar before. I checked the sources out just to see if it would help. I tried cvs diff -u apps/lang/english.lang but got

  :no cvsroot specified Please use the -d option

  David
Tomas <tomas_at_salfischberger.nl> wrote:
  Hi,

Can just just try a simple diff? Go to the rockbox source dir and diff like this:
cvs diff -u apps/lang/english.lang

That will print a diff between the current CVS version (on the server) and the version on your local disk.

If it gives error messages, please tell us...

Tomas

David Bleakley wrote: Thanks for your comments. However I am still stuggling to get diff working.

  An example in http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/UsingCVS would really help me.

  I can login
  cvs -d :pserver:anonymous_at_www.rockbox.org:/cvsroot/rockbox login
  Enter for password

  None of the following seem to work
  cvs diff -u apps/lang/english.lang C:\english.lang > testdiff.txt

  cvs -d :pserver:anonymous_at_www.rockbox.org:/cvsroot/rockbox diff -u apps/lang/english.lang C:\english.lang > testdiff.txt

  cvs -d :pserver:anonymous_at_www.rockbox.org:/cvsroot/rockbox diff -u rockbox/apps/lang/english.lang C:\english.lang > testdiff.txt

  I must be doingsomething wrong

  T! hanks David