Subject: Re: Diffing to current cvs (was Re: Lyrics)

Re: Diffing to current cvs (was Re: Lyrics)

From: David Bleakley <>
Date: 2006-02-09

Thanks for your reply,
  I was using a bleeding edge source tar before. I checked the sources out just to see if it would help. I tried cvs diff -u apps/lang/english.lang but got
  :no cvsroot specified Please use the -d option

Tomas <> wrote:

Can just just try a simple diff? Go to the rockbox source dir and diff like this:
cvs diff -u apps/lang/english.lang

That will print a diff between the current CVS version (on the server) and the version on your local disk.

If it gives error messages, please tell us...

David Bleakley wrote: Thanks for your comments. However I am still stuggling to get diff working.
  An example in would really help me.
  I can login
  cvs -d login
  Enter for password
  None of the following seem to work
  cvs diff -u apps/lang/english.lang C:\english.lang > testdiff.txt
  cvs -d diff -u apps/lang/english.lang C:\english.lang > testdiff.txt
  cvs -d diff -u rockbox/apps/lang/english.lang C:\english.lang > testdiff.txt
  I must be doingsomething wrong
  T! hanks David

David & Claire's Web Page (Upd 04-October-05)
[with BABY Jessica videos]
Mbl: 07830136624