Subject: Re: Diffing to current cvs (was Re: Lyrics)

Re: Diffing to current cvs (was Re: Lyrics)

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 01:23:42 +0100

On 2/9/06, David Bleakley <cool2bdave_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> I was using a bleeding edge source tar before. I checked the sources out
> just to see if it would help. I tried cvs diff -u apps/lang/english.lang but
> got
>
> :no cvsroot specified Please use the -d option
> David

Then, either get a environment variable called "CVSROOT" with
":pserver:anonymous_at_www.rockbox.org:/cvsroot/rockbox" in it, or add
exactly this as "-d" to your diff command.
This will then give you:
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous_at_www.rockbox.org:/cvsroot/rockbox -u
apps/lang/english.lang
You can also plaster all directories down to root or wherever you may
want to do that call from with subdirectories called "CVS" and a file
in it called "Root".
The content of the file is, as you probably guessed it, the cvs-root
":pserver:anonymous_at_www.rockbox.org:/cvsroot/rockbox"

hope that helps, lImbus