Subject: Re: Diffing to current cvs (was Re: Lyrics)

Re: Diffing to current cvs (was Re: Lyrics)

From: Manuel Dejonghe <>
Date: 2006-02-09

On 2/9/06, David Bleakley <> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply,
> I was using a bleeding edge source tar before. I checked the sources out
> just to see if it would help. I tried cvs diff -u apps/lang/english.lang but
> got
> :no cvsroot specified Please use the -d option
> David

Then, either get a environment variable called "CVSROOT" with
"" in it, or add
exactly this as "-d" to your diff command.
This will then give you:
cvs -d -u
You can also plaster all directories down to root or wherever you may
want to do that call from with subdirectories called "CVS" and a file
in it called "Root".
The content of the file is, as you probably guessed it, the cvs-root

hope that helps, lImbus