Subject: Re: Connecting a iRiver LCD remote to the iPod video?

Re: Connecting a iRiver LCD remote to the iPod video?

From: George Styles <>
Date: 2006-02-09

OK, how about this for a mad idea (in my continueing obsession with getting
a LCD remote large capacity player)

Using a IPod Nano as a remote for the iPod video.

They both have serial ports (and voltage will be the same). You would just
need a dock-to-dock lead, which connected serial out on one end to serial in
on the other end (and vice versa), also line in/out the same.

Then you could plug your headphones into the Nano.

I imagine running either Rockbox or the oriignal apple soft on the main
video iPod, and then running a cut-down customeized version of Rockbox on
the nano, which controls the main iPod using the advanced ipod remote
protocol, described here:

Might even be possible to charge the nano from the main unit (or might not

Finally, you could use a hot glue gun to attach a clip to the nano :)