Subject: Re: Hi & Wavpack broken?

Re: Hi & Wavpack broken?

From: Thom Johansen <thomj_at_pvv.ntnu.no>
Date: 2006-02-10

gl wrote:

> I'll check with him. He likes to stay backwards compatible. In the
> meantime, those files should be refused. Some seem to be, but others
> try to play regardless and cause the problem.

Sure he is, but it might also be that pre-4.0 files require other/more
resources which
would make the tiny decoder impractical. It's a very nice small
decoder/encoder right
now, and we'd hate to ruin that.

> Right, but 48k input is possible as the clock is external, correct?
> What about 24bit digital in?

Yes, for recording most rates should work, as the clock is generated
externally. Can see no
reason for why 24 bit digital in shouldn't work, but I'm no expert.

Thom