Subject: Re: Hi & Wavpack broken?

Re: Hi & Wavpack broken?

From: Christi Alice Scarborough <christi_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: 2006-02-11

David Bryant wrote:

> I started WavPack 4.0 essentially from scratch, and designed it from the
> ground up to be hardware friendly. While I would never release a winamp
> plugin or Audition filter that could not handle a pre-4.0 file, handling
> them in embedded applications is optional (as is handling correction files
> or mutichannel files) and that's why these were not included in the "tiny"
> decoder.

David,

I don't know if I'm alone in this desire, but I think it could be very
valuable for Rockbox to handle correction files, if that's possible
within the constraints of the platform. In this way it would be
possible to carry around lossless versions of your tracks, but delete
the correction files of the less used tracks when space becomes tight,
giving a best of both worlds scenario.

Christi