Subject: RE: Building Manual Fails - SDL Sim fails to Run

RE: Building Manual Fails - SDL Sim fails to Run

From: Mark Bright <mark_at_redbreva.com>
Date: 2006-02-12

|> I even successfully made the SDL Simulator build, Hurahhh!
|> However when I attempted to run the rockboxui.exe I got the error :
|> "This application has failed to start because SDL.dll was not found.
|> Re-Installing the application may fix this problem" - What have I
|> missed, or is there some magic incantation missing from the install
|> instructions?
|
|Looks like it's linked dynamically. See if you can find
|SDL.DLL in your SDL build directory and copy it into the same
|directory as the simulator binary.

Thanks... That worked, the SDL.DLL file was actually in
cygwin\usr\local\bin... Is there
A)some config required to avoid having to copy this file
B)should the build process copy this file automatically
C)Should this step be present in the instructions

|> $ make
|> make: *** /home/Boffin/rockbox-devel/manual/platform: No
|such file or
|> directory.
|> Stop.
|> make: *** [tools] Error 2
|
|You did do a 'cvs co manual', right?
|
|Christi

No... I assume from that remark that "cvs -z3
-d:pserver:anonymous@rockbox.haxx.se:/cvsroot/rockbox co rockbox-devel" does
not include the manual... Sorry - my bad

Thanks for the swift response..

Mark