Subject: RE: Building Manual Fails - SDL Sim fails to Run

RE: Building Manual Fails - SDL Sim fails to Run

From: Mark Bright <>
Date: 2006-02-12

|-----Original Message-----
|[] On Behalf Of Linus
|Nielsen Feltzing
|Sent: 12 February 2006 12:38
|To: Rockbox development
|Subject: Re: Building Manual Fails - SDL Sim fails to Run
|Mark Bright wrote:
|>It was the 3rd attempt BTW before I managed to get a
|successful install
|>- that installer is CRAP
|>Once I am sure that I have a correctly configured full
|install, I will
|>attempt to repeat the process on my laptop, any objections if
|I screen
|>shot it along the way and expand on the current Cygwin
|install page to
|>make it more 'Nube' friendly??
|Go ahead, please do.

Will do..

|That's because you're starting it by double-clicking it in
|Windows. You are supposed to start it from the cygwin cmd shell:
|$ ./rockboxui.exe
| described here:
|Unfortunately, the "Simplified Guide" wrongly told you to
|double-click it. I have corrected this now.

That's the page I was following...

|It didn't occur to me that people would try to
|start it from the Windows Explorer.

Hehehe, like most windows users, I will always click rather than type,
unless specifically told otherwise

|You have missed to checkout the manual from CVS:
|$ cvs co manual
|This will checkout the manual from CVS into the "manual" directory.
|hence, your build directory can't be called "manual", but
|or something like that.

OK... I had assumed that rockbox-devel would include everything... Yet
another lesson learned today :-)

Looks like I may have some work to do on tweaking the doc's to prevent other
users from making the same mistakes I did... Thanks again..