Subject: Re: Wavpack recording.

Re: Wavpack recording.

From: gl <gl_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: 2006-02-12

> We don't use malloc and free in Rockbox. Allocate whatever memory you need
> with static buffers.

Those two buffer sizes are unknown at compile time: one I can talk to David
about, the other because I was anticipating packing to various formats, eg.
8bit. I guess I could statically allocate the max. possible size but this
seems wasteful.

> Codecs uses IRAM and the Rockbox core itself uses IRAM. You're probably
> trying to link the Wavpack library to the Rockbox core,

I added the Wavpack source files to the firmware, yes.

> Like I said above, the Wavpack code uses IRAM in places.

Where? I can't see any IDATA_ATTR - is there anything else that declares or
implies IRAM use?

--
gl