Subject: Re: Wavpack recording.

Re: Wavpack recording.

From: Thom Johansen <>
Date: 2006-02-12

gl wrote:

>> We don't use malloc and free in Rockbox. Allocate whatever memory you
>> need with static buffers.
> Those two buffer sizes are unknown at compile time: one I can talk to
> David about, the other because I was anticipating packing to various
> formats, eg. 8bit. I guess I could statically allocate the max.
> possible size but this seems wasteful.
If we used malloc(), we'd need to keep this amount of memory free in
case it would be
needed anyway, so it's just as wasteful as using malloc.

>> Like I said above, the Wavpack code uses IRAM in places.
> Where? I can't see any IDATA_ATTR - is there anything else that
> declares or implies IRAM use?

IDATA_ATTR is for data that is initialised. Then you have IBSS_ATTR for
data which is
uninitialised, and ICONST_ATTR for constant data (lookup tables and the