Subject: Re: MSDev sim project?

Re: MSDev sim project?

From: Hardeep Sidhu <hardeeps_at_pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:48:34 -0800

[IDC]Dragon wrote:
>>> The sim used to be able to be built in MSDev, but not anymore.
>>>
>> Did something break compatibility or was it just not maintained? I'm
>> happy
>> to update an old project if there is one.
>>

> It was me who once made the MSDev6 project for Rockbox. It's ages old, prior
> to the plugin system. It was in parallel to the make files, ignoring these.
> So any change had to be merged manually in there, too.
> And that's how it became unmaintained.
> If you really insist, I can look for the remains, but dont complain, you
> have been warned. ;-)
> Debugging was a breeze with it, though... sigh

The project is still available in cvs:
http://www.rockbox.org/viewcvs.cgi/uisimulator/win32/rockbox.dsp

I agree, debugging was so much easier with it. Having to merge changes
manually was a little annoying but manageable. Unfortunately, it broke
completely when we moved to the common file i/o for all the simulators
because of conflicts with the win32 header files and everyone stopped
supporting it.

-Hardeep