Subject: Re: MSDev sim project?

Re: MSDev sim project?

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:48:49 +0100 (MET)

> Theoretically, I see no reason why Rockbox wouldn't compile under
> mingw32 (native Windows port of gcc) and MSYS (UNIX utils for Win32).
> This would in turn allow you to use the Dev-C++ or Code::Blocks GUIs and
> Eclipse for debugging.

Eclipse is probably todays' way to go? I vaguealy remember having seen
something for Eclips and Rockbox.

At work, me MSDev user am currently working on a project with Eclipse. I
guess it's better suited to Java than C(++), the debugger feels a bit half
baked and rough. Most annoying it forgets that I want to e.g. view a
variable in hex, inbetween breakpoints. My productivity is still lower than
with the old VC6 we mostly use.

Jörg

--
DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl