Subject: Re: Multifont, glyph/font cache

Re: Multifont, glyph/font cache

From: bk <mutualaid_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 09:26:40 -0500

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 14:52 +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, bk wrote:
>
> > Multiple simultaneous fonts is mostly orthogonal to what I'm doing. Although
> > if I'm going to have to rewrite the entire font subsystem (looking more
> > likely...), one might as well add in those facilities too.
>
> Then you realize that you need to fix the scroll thread to deal with multiple
> fonts? And you need to attack the WPS code to introduce "viewports" for where
> to use the different fonts...

My prev post was more of an oblique plea to someone who knows the font
code to please give me some pointers. Worst case scenario that the font
code does need a major overhaul (which may or may not happen), all I
would plan on doing would be leaving a few font slots free for whoever
wants to implement simultaneous WPS fonts. This is looking like enough
work already.

bk