Subject: Re: What has happened with our beloved RomBox? (binary size on Archos targets)

Re: What has happened with our beloved RomBox? (binary size on Archos targets)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: 2006-02-14

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, joerch.net@web.de wrote:

> In the "early time" every byte of buffer usage was well discussed in the
> mailing list...

Back in those days there were many developers with Archos as their main
target. Nowadays very few developers have that. It is up to each and every one
to contribute, and one way to contribute is to adjust and adapt changes for
the specific targets.

I choose to see it the other way: we are still providing daily functional
builds on the Archos Player and Archos Recorder even though a vast majority of
the developers have never even seen such units.

As Christi pointed out about one particular buffer, I think we have more
buffer sizes spread out all over that we can trim for the Archoses. And when
we get langv2 fixed we can probably shave off some more...