Subject: Re: What has happened with our beloved RomBox? (binary size on Archos targets)

Re: What has happened with our beloved RomBox? (binary size on Archos targets)

From: [IDC]Dragon <>
Date: 2006-02-14

> > In the "early time" every byte of buffer usage was well discussed in the
> > mailing list...
> Back in those days there were many developers with Archos as their main
> target. Nowadays very few developers have that. It is up to each and every
> one
> to contribute, and one way to contribute is to adjust and adapt changes
> for
> the specific targets.

Tss, tss, forgetting your roots so fast?

> I choose to see it the other way: we are still providing daily functional
> builds on the Archos Player and Archos Recorder even though a vast
> majority of
> the developers have never even seen such units.

Rockbox is now lately a multi-platform project, which adds a lot of
responsibility to all of us.

I'd find it most frustrating to optimize a feature behind somebody, than
taking constraints considerations into the architecture firstplace.
Like with PC coding: If something runs sufficiently on my multi-mega
developer machine, it may still cause frustrations for the people out there
with weaker platforms.

I just tried to advertize more awareness. The Archoses are not thrown away.

10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS/Monat
+++ GMX - die erste Adresse fr Mail, Message, More +++