Subject: Re: Good patch tool on Windows?

Re: Good patch tool on Windows?

From: Manuel Dejonghe <>
Date: 2006-02-15

On 2/15/06, gl <> wrote:
> > The tool "BeyondCompare" from Scootersoft is the best we could figure
> > out (and we checked a lot at work, believe me).
> Thanks, but I was looking for free. I might just modify WinMerge...

I see. Did not reckon that.
I might add, that a *lot* of co-workers considered buying it privately
(which is unusual enough) as I think it's worth every penny.

For the record: I've been using WinMerge as well for a long time on a
test machine at work where we would not buy a license for and must say
that it fooled me a few times. It reported different (party with BIG
differences in file and file-size, f.e.) to be equal and such.