Subject: Re: Intelligent file caching.

Re: Intelligent file caching.

From: gl <gl_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: 2006-02-15

> Hm... the delay is short, why even try to play a sound? It's imho not
> worth the effort... but ofcourse you can do it if you like.

If I'm using the remote without looking at the screen (skipping tracks,
volume etc) it's annoying when suddenly the buttons don't respond without
knowing why. Is it the HD? Is something taking too much CPU? Has the
firmware crashed (heaven forbid)? A sound would be reassuring.

I'll make a patch when I get round to it (currently working on something
else).

> If I remember correctly flashing the HD led is impossible, it's
> connected to the IDE hardware directly.

I meant flashing the HD icon on the remote LCD display. Is that possible?

--
gl