Subject: Re: Archos special build

Re: Archos special build

From: Tom Cole <tcole_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:36:13 +1300

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 07:30:12 +0100 (CET), Daniel Stenberg
<daniel_at_rockbox.org> wrote:

>On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Tom Cole wrote:
>
>> Would the developers mind if I created a wiki page on the Rockbox site and
>> hosted my special build there?
>
>Here's _my_ view of it:
>
>In general I have no problem with hosting custom things in the wiki.
>
>But, when it comes to custom/alternative Rockbox builds and things like that I
>hesitate. The reason for my hesitation is that when we start offering these
>builds from rockbox.org, people will assume that they are true products of the
>project and that they are "official" and "supported".
>
>I have no problems with people building and offering customized Rockbox
>builds, but I don't want such builds to be mistaken for official Rockbox
>builds.

Anyone reading the proposed wiki page will be left in no doubt that the
files hosted there are not official builds. I will ask that feedback on
these builds is directed to me, preferably through the mailing lists or
forums.

My intention is simply to make these files available to those who wish
to use them, and the Rockbox site seems a logical place to host them.

If there is interest shown in the enhancements, I will consider
incorporating them into the main CVS.
--
Tom