Subject: Re: Multifont: testing & feedback (HD spinning)

Re: Multifont: testing & feedback (HD spinning)

From: Greg Haerr <greg_at_censoft.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:03:52 -0700

: OK, now I think I understand what you're saying. The unified cache would
: still be static though, right? Instead of five 10kb (or 45kb or
: whatever) buffers we'd have a single (probably larger, somewhere around
: 50kb?) buffer used for all fonts, with everything going through the font
: cache & LRU code rather than simple static loading.

Yes, the cache would be static. However, it might only need
to be 20k big, since that would cache two fonts simultaneously.
The whole point would be to save ram usage, otherwise its
not worth changing.

Regards,

Greg