Subject: make file help please

make file help please

From: roolku <>
Date: 2006-03-02

I am working on a plugin in a cygwin h120 sim and I am
tired of waiting for make to find out that nothing
else has changed apart from the plugin itself. So I
just want to compile that single c file. For that
purpose I added a new target to the makefile in my
build directory like this:

        $(SILENT)$(MAKE) -C $(APPSDIR)/plugins
OBJDIR=$(BUILDDIR)/apps/plugins helloworld

but when I to use it with

make helloworld

I get a linker error:

main.o):main.c:(.text+0x106): undefined reference to
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [helloworld] Error 1
make: *** [helloworld] Error 2

Has anyone a suggestion on how i can make it work?

And as a bonus question: how can I stop it from
checking all the bitmap dirs. ;)