Subject: Re: make file help please

Re: make file help please

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-03-03

On 3/3/06, mathew holton <mathew.holton@zirconsoftware.co.uk> wrote:
> Well, I won't start arguing about Debian then. All I know is that I had
> very little linux experience (I installed Red Hat about 7 years
> ago...that's it) and I found it extremely amazing. Maybe other distro's
> are just as amazing now, compared to 7 years ago. I don't know.

7 years is a pretty long time, especially in open source development
... from my experience over the last years I can say all distros I've
seen have moved great ahead.

Maybe coLinux (http://www.colinux.org) is also an interesting
alternative for the cygwin "problem". AFAIK there exists ready-to-go
descriptions especially for Debian. Since I haven't found the time to
try coLinux yet I can't tell but it looks promising. Maybe someone who
is using it can tell more?

 -- Dominik