Subject: Re: Patch: Optical Out setting extension for Battery/Charger.

Re: Patch: Optical Out setting extension for Battery/Charger.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: 2006-03-05

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006, gl wrote:

> This extends the 'Optical Output' setting to 'Off / Battery Only / Plugged
> only / Battery & Plugged' on platforms that support it:
> http://www.rockbox.org/bugs/task/4774

I think this calls for a revisit of an old idea: load a custom config file at
specific events. Like when running plugged-in etc. That way you could have one
config file for when running from the mains power and that could enable
optical out, while the standard config would have it disabled.

Having options doing this magic on their own seems like the wrong way to go.

Or am I missing something?