Subject: Re: Patch: Optical Out setting extension for Battery/Charger.

Re: Patch: Optical Out setting extension for Battery/Charger.

From: gl <>
Date: 2006-03-05

> I think this calls for a revisit of an old idea: load a custom config file
> at
> specific events. Like when running plugged-in etc. That way you could have
> one config file for when running from the mains power and that could
> enable optical out, while the standard config would have it disabled.
> Having options doing this magic on their own seems like the wrong way to
> go.
> Or am I missing something?

A generic internal way to update specific settings based on power changes
could be useful. However I don't think simply loading two complete cfg
files is the way to go if that's what you're suggesting - most settings
don't need seperate battery/charger options. The spdif out is unusual in
that battery power is affected if it's enabled.

As far as the UI is concerned, I think it's much cleaner to just enable
setting menus for battery/charger use as I've done where it's genuinely
useful. I believe the only other place that actually does this are the
backlight settings (and my backlight peakmeter patch), and speaking as a
user, I like it that way.