Subject: Re: Signing off.

Re: Signing off.

From: Tomas Salfischberger <tomas_at_rockbox.org>
Date: 2006-03-08

Hi,

Neon John wrote:

>Even though I use my real name in places like this I don't think I'd want it plastered all over the net in software.

Maybe I don't understand the "privacy in software" madness, but your
name has been recorded all over the rockbox mailinglist archives. Those
archives are indexed by google, so everybody can (with a little effort)
find your name, connected to rockbox. Can you explain to me why you
don't care about that publicly searchable archive, but you do care about
a list of developers in the credits file of this project?

I myself think of it as an honor to be on that list, and to be part of
"a real team with real names working on a real project."

Ofcourse I understand that you do want some privacy, but nobody is
asking you to state your living address, your phone number, or anything
like that. It's just a name, and an e-mail address. I almost tend to say
"grow up, get rid of the nicknames" but I think some people will get
offended if I do that.

Tomas Salfischberger