Subject: Re: Signing off.

Re: Signing off.

From: Neon John <jgd_at_johngsbbq.com>
Date: 2006-03-09

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 12:17:50 +0000, Cam <camilo@mesias.co.uk> wrote:

>A small community could easily fork, and users are fickle; ask
>yourselves how much eye candy would it take to lure a user from the one
>true project to one with a nicer WPS?

I think that a fork and the factionalization that would result would
be the worst thing that could happen to RockBox.

This is the problem now, that so many egos are wrapped up in this
issue. Some Famous Person once opined that "People with little power
wield it vigorously". So true. Most of the copyright blather
regarding free projects is just that - ego stroking. Long ago I
stopped putting any sort of copyright on anything I give away because
it is effectively meaningless.

Someone asked why I'd not want credit for my work. While I enjoy
seeing people using my work, I'm long past starving for credit. I
have a long and successful career in business and that is more than
enough.

John

---
John De Armond
http://www.johngsbbq.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.-Ralph Waldo Emerson