Subject: Re: Signing off.

Re: Signing off.

From: Michael E. DiFebbo <medifebbo_at_rcn.com>
Date: 2006-03-10

Jonathan Gordon wrote:
> you ppl are forgetting that the project is based in sweden.. so us law
> means sweet F*ck all..
> also, doesnt sweden have like the worlds best copyright laws? (i.e
> bassically none?)

But (1) there are Rockbox contributors who are located in the U.S. and
therefore subject to U.S. law and the jurisdiction of the U.S. courts,
and (2) there are a number of international treaties protecting
intellectual property. I don't see how Neon John can make such a
sweeping generalization about what damages may or may not apply if there
is ever a suit brought for copyright infringement.