Subject: Re: Signing off.

Re: Signing off.

From: Kjell Ericson <Kjell.Ericson_at_haxx.se>
Date: 2006-03-10

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Paul Louden wrote:

Very wise word written!

> So, my perspective is that they should be allowed the identify of their
> choice as long as the chosen name is not in some way intentionally (or even
> hopefully accidentally) offensive to others, and that they're willing to
> stand behind that identity.

In this project I get offended by names like "eLiTEhAcker", and "gl.tter".

I don't get offended by names I can't separate from real names, like for
example "John Glitter".

In other projects I may have different opinion.

If 95% uses their real names (the poll right now) and some of the 5% uses a
fake real name, then the pseudo-wanted names will have to understand the
"culture" (even if it isn't written).

Discussing with an anonymous person is also uncomfortable. I've experienced
where anonymous person really goes crazy after a while and tries to destroy
works for other. They feel they can do that because no one knows who they are.
That experience make me support the real-name-policy.

  // Kjell Ericson