Subject: Re: Signing off.

Re: Signing off.

From: Bluechip <csbluechip_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 09:33:23 +0000

> > >Sure... and may I ask how you expect they will not do the same to
> > >csbluechip_at_gmail.com?
> > >
> > >--tim
> >
> > If I were involvred in the code which was the subject to a
> > "catastrophic legal horror" or even, for that, if I were involved
> > with the code ...then I am sure they WOULD!
> >
> > <confused>
> >
> > BC
>
>Just pointing out that information already available in the mailing
>list logs can and does point to each and every developer. The patch
>came from an email address... that's enough (under all but the most
>extreme cases) to hold someone legally accountable. So why resist
>identification by email (which you have to use anyway to send in
>patches), and alternatively, why require anything more than email when
>it does the job better than anything short of picture IDs verified in
>person?
>
>--tim

Sorry tim, I am still confused.

# I* am very much NOT a developer for this project, due to the
seperation of my online and real-life nomenclature.
(although technically, several of my "real-life" friends call me
"chip" or "bluey" or similar)
(in the name of pedancy, I am not a developer at all, I am a programmer)

# Patches are not submitted by email, but via sourceforge.
Although I* use the same nickname everywhere on the internet.
Bar one really obscure exception which was requested of me to protect
the anonimity of others.

# I* do not resist identification via my email address.
I'm not actually sure it would be possible - my* IP address is all
over the shop.

*in fairness, I'm not sure whether your comment is directed to me
personally or just a general comment

BC