Subject: Re: coLinux development environment

Re: coLinux development environment

From: Bluechip <csbluechip_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:58:27 +0000

Nice!

I'm curious ...will it compile the win32sim? If not, could it be made to?
If so, then [OT] I can scrap cygwin for all my PC development :)

One useful tip - I really do highly recommend that when considering
compression, especially on files of X-hundred MB ...give serious
consideration to the "7-zip" algorithm ( 7-zip.org iirc) ...it's all
GPL/source-forge etc ...and is a real, live, released and maintained project.

Just to clear up any misconceptions you MAY have ...7-zip is a NEW
compression algorithm which beats b-zip hands down. It will make a
win32 self-extracting archive at almost no cost, so no "user can't
decompress" fears, and (just for fun?) 7-zip will generate (if
requested) a "gzip compatable file" which is smaller than that which
gzip itself could make :)

Sounds like just the thing to replace The existing DevKit. :)

BC