Subject: Re: coLinux development environment

Re: coLinux development environment

From: Jonathan Gordon <>
Date: 2006-03-14

ok, we r ready to rock n roll...
install colinux from and dont download an image
file when it asks if u want to..
grab my image from (can
some1 host this please? i dont know if uni will like this..), its
136MB, its a self extracting 7-zip and it uncompresses to about
download a swap partition (instructions )
then u need to grab toporesize form and use it to
resize the root_fs image to at least 1gb, (i did it this way so the
uncompressed file would be as small as possible, but u can expand it
to as large as u want). i rekon about 2gb is enough. then you should
be ready to run..

some important stuff.... the root password is qwe so thats a good
thing to change when ur going..
the only other user ive added is "rockdev" with pass "rb". ive setup
the account with sudo provelages (yes, i dont ive a poop about
security... u can tighten it if u want). and ssh is enabled and
working on both those accounts..

ive done a full update so apart from any recent updates in the last
day it should be up to date, plus ive installed the following stuff..

ive also added 2 aliases for the rockdev user... getcvs which will
grab the whole cvs tree... im lazy :p
also, like the cygwin devkit ive added rbconf which is ../tools/configure

so, the m68k, sh-1 and arm targets all work, i didnt add gdb or X or
sdl coz i wanted to upload it from uni and ran out of time, but if
they are wanted i can update it...

if everyone is happy with it ill do a wiki page for it..